In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

All the Way Home

I'm home again, soon to be back in the rut . . .

I had planned to sleep in this morning and wend a leisurely way home, but of course I woke up at the crack of dawn and could not go back to sleep. Believe me, I tried, I really did. I think Baby Girl was somewhat displeased that I was up and on my way out so early, but she was gracious about it.

Obviously since I wasn't home all week-end, there were household things that needed to be done.

I didn't do them.

I made the executive decision that I was still on vacation, so I plopped into the wing chair and stitched all afternoon.


The Shepherdess was the easiest thing to pull out of the bag, so that was the project I worked on. There is now a house floating in the air and the shepherdess has a bottom half. She also has either a naked sheep or a ghost sheep--the household is currently debating which it is.

I have some other bits and pieces to stitch before I start the grass, so the sheep will stay in its current state until the grass gets worked around him. I can't add his fleece until then.

Luckily the weather is getting warmer so he won't suffer from the cold. Dearly Beloved just said that ghosts don't feel the cold so it doesn't make any difference.

And he wonders why I didn't mind going off without him . . .

3 comments:

  1. I have this in my stash too. Bet you are not surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a lovely shepardess! Love the pink top she's "wearing"

    ReplyDelete