In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, March 3, 2014

21st century to 17th century

Well, I finished filling in all the bits and pieces of the center motif of Journey:


And I'm sitting here admiring it.  (Come on, now, admit it--you do the same thing when you've finished something interesting . . . or pretty . . . or worthy of admiration.)

And it occurs to me that if I played with the colors, this would make an incredible piece of upholstery for a king to reside upon when I stitch my Cabinet of Curiosities.

Or, if I did it in shades of gray, it could make a cobblestone road in front of a castle.  Or shades of brown would make a parquet floor.

I do believe I should pull out a piece of linen and doodle a bit, just to see how the scale would work over one on linen.

And I'm beginning to think I need to keep a notebook of all these doodles along with information on the source of the stitch or the inspiration so I can find it again.

1 comment: