In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Stalking the mail carrier

I've been stalking a representative of the United States government.  I have been less that frugal lately, and I knew that the delivery of a number of things was imminent.

Not that I need to add to the stash or the library, but the allure has been great and I am weak.

On my flying trip by the house to throw my computer case in the door and pick up my stuff for sampler guild last night, I found that Gloria Seaman Allen's latest opus, "Columbia's Daughters," had arrived. I ripped it out of the mailer and threw it into my sampler guild basket for Show & Tell. After I made it back home, I sat down for a minute and glanced through.

Add it to your library. Even though I have fallen into the 17th century and don't really want to climb out, the books that have come out in the last ten years on American schoolgirl samplers have been phenomenal.  You better get 'em while you can--they don't have enormous print runs and once they're gone, they're gone. Except on the secondary market where they can be quite expensive . . .that's my rationalization and I'm sticking to it.

Then today, my order from Gay Ann Rogers' eWeek sale arrived. In a bit, I'm going stash-diving to pull threads since I daresay I have most of what is needed for at least two of the projects. If you're curious, I ordered Oriana--I have Flora--the perforated paper sampler garden box--the little flower in its pot--and the Winter Garden geometric.  I think Gay Ann still has the pictures on her website (gayannrogers.com).  Mary and Bess had already come to live with me, and I piloted Echoes of Elizabeth and the Townhouse etui and Ruskin and Roses, so I was able to economize this time around. And that's another rationalization I'm sticking to.

And finally, the new issue of Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly arrived. I do believe it's my favorite needlework magazine of them all.  And while I am stash diving, I plan to see how many threads I have to work the purse on the front cover. I do need 50 count linen, I know I don't have any of that. 

It appears that that will lead to another rationalization.

Sigh . . . 

2 comments:

  1. The mailman has been very good to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good mailman ... a mailman who brings me stuff : )

    ReplyDelete