In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

More twigs, sprigs, leaves, and knots

I finally got to stitch tonight.  I have been working on more of the twigs and sprigs on this band of Martha Edlin.


I was going to work on the flowers on the top of the band before moving to the bottom, but I have succumbed to the Company Cold and in my drug-induced haze, this is about what I can handle.

The Company Cold has been moving inexorably across our quad despite clouds of Lysol and oceans of hand sanitizer and soap and water (well, duh, no wonder my hands have felt like sandpaper!).  My cubicle sits on the far side and I kept thinking the virus would get tired and quit before it got to me.  Nope, it finally hit the three of us whose cubicles line up along this set of windows.

At least we don't have strep. That's hit the quad that sits catty-cornered to us.

I think I'm going to invest in a surgical mask.

Or a gas mask.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh try Airborne tablets. I swear by them when people around me start getting sick. Or even when I was a little under the weather, perked me right back up!

    Love the knots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon! Beautiful progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful!
    Feel better soon! You need to be well to cook the turkey next week :)

    ReplyDelete