In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Birds of a feather

There are now two birds perching on Martha Edlin's sampler:


Both of them flew exactly where they should . . . this time.

And, as promised, pictures from the week-end.


Three generations investigating the box.


And two of the four cats also assisting.

I did not get a picture of the completed structure because I was too interested in the way it worked.  The reason people have children, I have decided, is so you can play with their toys without being considered strange. Or stranger than usual.

3 comments:

  1. Cats, boxes and ribbons = FUN! Great photos! Love your comment about having children. When our daughter was growing up, we had so much fun playing with her toys! And eating her Halloween candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right. I always buy toys that I would like to play with for gifts.
    The birds look great but I think the motif in the middle looks kind of like a little cloud of gas. What have the birds been eating? I know that it will not look that way for long, once it is filled in.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves those cats with their boxes & yes, it's nice to have children as an excuse to play with toys : )

    ReplyDelete