In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Leaves and Twigs

While I had the sharp needle out, I decided to fill in some of the little satin stitched leaves on the vines.



This is another one of those little fiddly bits--again, spending more time starting and stopping threads than actually stitching.

I also spent a good bit of time today clearing out my nest so I don't have quite so many projects piled up around my chair. It was getting more and more difficult to crawl out of the corner over the stacks of instructions and rings of Floss Away bags and baskets full of stuff. I think that almost impaling myself on a scroll bar was the final straw.  So I have rearranged and moved some things that are currently inactive up to the Stash Room.

Yes, there is a Stash Room, sad to say.  I have always been prone to biting off more than I can chew and this room is a prime example. I have decided it's gotten overwhelming and it is on my list to deal with.  I am looking at cabinets at Ikea. I just wish they didn't have so many choices and combinations and permutations. Every time I think I have it all figured out, I find another "storage solution."

And this is one area that isn't being hit by the downsizing bug, sad to say. I fully expect to do every single project. All forty bazillion of them.

And with that to do, I'm going to go stitch some more.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful progress Ann!
    I have the same problem around my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stitching corner is the same, the pile just keeps getting higher and higher! lol I love watching your progress on this piece.

    ReplyDelete