In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Morning, Glory!

It's cold and rainy here at Ocean City, but I actually stitched in class! Wonders will never cease.

I also ripped because I can't count and follow a chart at the same time in a class, but it's all fixed and everything is fine now.

And I indulged in a bit of retail therapy. Aside from replenishing my needle supply and replacing my broken clip & flip magnifiers and picking up a skein of AVAS I need for a sampler project, I found this:

I saw this design by Ellen Chester on Facebook the other day and thought it looked like it would be fun to stitch and a good travel project. And then I decided I would really rather stitch it in silk, and Salty Yarns has a nice supply of Gloriana, so BDE and I had a color consultation and I'm going to work it in this. It's a little more muted than the original colors, but I think it will be fine.

There are two more days of class and two more projects to add to the pile of things I want to do right this minute. (I need more minutes.)

And, interestingly, Dearly Beloved has been checking off items on his Honey-Do list while I've been gone. I am beginning to wonder if I should leave him alone more often. He seems to be much more industrious when I'm not around. Hmmmmmm . . . .

 

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely project you worked on in class, Ann! Pretty silks for the Ellen Chester piece you and BDE picked. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying your classes...luckily rain doesn't affect that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that Ellen Chester project too. Great idea to do in silk.

    ReplyDelete