In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

April 3

When the kit arrived several weeks ago, I fully intended to start this when the first class was posted on April 3.


 Instead, when I finally pulled myself out of bed at the crack of noon today, I worked on this:


I didn't sleep well last night (which is why I ended up staying in bed all morning). First I was too hot, so I turned on the ceiling fan. Then I was too cold, so I pulled up a blanket. Then I seemed to have too many arms and legs for comfort because I couldn't get any of them situated in the right place. I finally got up and read for awhile, then sat and stared at my worktable and all the baskets and bins around it, and decided I have too many things started and not enough things finished.

At that point it was after 7 in the morning and I was finally tired enough to sleep.

But other than the four classes I'm taking in a couple of weeks at Salty Yarns, and the other online and guild projects I've agreed to do, I am not starting anything new.

I think I see the problem.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Ann you are so funny , you always put a smile on my face.
    I have to many stitching starts to .
    I work a week on each one and some smalls.
    The Humming bird is beautiful.
    Have fun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That border is looking good. I know you will enjoy the hummingbird piece.

    ReplyDelete