In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, April 1, 2024

Back in the Saddle Again

 Carmen has not been out of her pillowcase for almost a month.

That was rectified yesterday.

I stitched more of the vine, the stems, the leaves, and the buds yesterday. I do believe the border for this monster sampler is going to do me in, but I think I would rather stitch it as I go instead of waiting until all the fun stuff is done. It does add a burst of color--I did, briefly, consider leaving it out and stitching this as an adaptation--and I decided it needs it. If I could just get all this section done so I can move on to something more interesting to stitch, I think I would be a happy camper.

Meanwhile, I woke up this morning, realizing that a third of 2024 has flown by and I have not accomplished anything that I had planned for the year. I have nine months left. If you can make a whole human being in nine months, surely I can get a sampler and a few UFO's to the finish line.

2 comments:

  1. Well done , so beautiful, I love what you are working on.
    Yes this year is running away , I wish I could slow it down .
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pops of color in Carmen's border, Ann.

    ReplyDelete