In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Yippee Skippee, Goal Attained!

 I sat myself down yesterday and said I was not getting up (other than when absolutely necessary) until I finished the leaves on the outside of the sewing roll for Hold Dear.

And I did it!

So that meant that last night I could sew linen to scroll bars to begin stitching the pockets that will live inside the roll, and I accomplished that as well.  That was too boring to photograph, so it will wait until there is stitching to display.

So at last I had something to blog about. I really planned and hoped to blog daily in 2023, but, like all other resolutions or goals or plans I've made over the years, it didn't make it two weeks into the new year before it fell apart.  And there will likely be a few more gaps--I've had some health issues over the last couple of years, and I am having surgery a week from today (if all goes as planned) which will hopefully take care of some of them. It's out-patient--but it means I have to show up at the surgery center at 5:30 a.m.

The thought of having to get up that early for anything is actually bothering me more than the prospect of surgery.

3 comments:

  1. Oh bless you Ann , you will be fine .
    5.30 is a bit early , wishing you all the best .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, this is lovely! Good luck next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves look great, Ann. Well done on getting them all completed along with getting the linen attached to the scroll bars. Thinking of you and your scheduled surgery.

    ReplyDelete