In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, January 20, 2023

Little Pockets

 The sewing roll for Hold Dear has a bunch of little pockets, each of which holds a thread winder. I've started the first one:

Normally I do all the outline stitching before I start doing the innards, but I decided it might be easier if I did part of the outline first, then the middle, then count the rest of the outline from that. Besides, the outline is boring. The shading in the framework for the inner part is created by the overdyed thread. The little diamonds in the framework will be filled in with a different shade of rose.

This is actually going to be good Zen stitching, soothing in its repetition. My online classes start back up next week, and I am working on that EGA pilot about which I can say nothing, but both are challenging in different ways. I'm going to need some peaceful stitching in my life.

2 comments: