In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Golden Swoosh*

 Well, the top looks pretty good, and the bottom is acceptable, but the middle is just plain messy.


I did put up a valiant fight, but, in the end I was defeated. Part of it was due to running low on supplies. I had to rework several places on the swoosh, and this purl just doesn't like to be reused. I was afraid if I messed with any more, I'd have a bald swoosh, and that would be even worse.

I even dug around in my very meager stash of gold metals, but I didn't have any smooth purl in any size whatsoever. So, it is was it is, a learning experience.

*I had turned the frame so see if I could maneuver the purl to lie better, and it struck me that the shape was not unlike that of a slug. I started to call this the Golden Slug, but felt that would be disrespectful to the intent of the project. But then, Dearly Beloved asked if I were going to add anntenae--he has a long and storied history of fighting slugs in his container garden on the patio. I mentioned this to BDE as well, and she said that a slug was just a snail without a house, but she wasn't fond of them, either. So, it's going to remain a swoosh. 

Not a slug. 

You know, once you see it, you can't unsee it.

1 comment: