In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Change in plans (as if you didn't expect that)

 Last night I finished filling in the diamonds on the first pocket panel for Hold Dear.

Before I did that, I had thought that perhaps I could get all seven pockets finished before February 1. Then I looked at how long it took me to work the center design and the outlining for one end--and I realized the only way I could get them all done would be to stitch pretty much all day every day between now and then. And today, I have yet to pick up a needle.

My electric needle rusted years ago, so it takes longer for me to stitch anything. Then, too, I have surgery this week. Despite it being an out-patient procedure, I have a feeling I'm going to be a little loony for a couple of days. If I can't focus my eyes, I don't think I'll get much stitching done.

Soooooooooo, I think I'm going to work on my EGA pilot and my online classes in the mornings, and alternate among several other projects in the evenings and see what I get done that way. 

Even though I haven't put needle and thread together today, I've had plenty of stitching in my life. The new issue of Inspirations arrived. I've been drooling over several of the designs, but I'm not going to let myself start any of them or order any of the kits. Yet. 

And Phillipa Turnbull of the Crewel Work Company has a Zoom meeting every so often, and today was the day. It was the first time I've joined in. It will not be the last. She is delightful! and we got to vote on designs we'd like to see in the line, and got previews of some of the prospective classes for the next Festival online and could ask questions about Crewel Work projects we might be stitching. It made me want to dig out a crewel kit or two or three.

However, now I need to think about throwing dinner together. It is a gray, gloomy, rainy, cold day, so spaghetti is on the menu. And a big salad. And garlic bread. And then we have Miss Scarlet and The Duke and All Creatures Great and Small for our viewing pleasure tonight. I'm looking forward to the evening.

4 comments:

  1. Same thing I’ll be watching tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that Siegried and the horse made me tear up a little.

      Delete
  2. Plans do change for everyone , hope you enjoy TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fill in looks awesome, Ann. Spaghetti sounds definitely good for the dreary day.

    ReplyDelete