In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, June 12, 2022

Still Not There Yet

 I told myself I would not blog until I had this piece of Tribute stitched.

Today I told myself that if I waited to get it stitched, I might never blog again.

So, I'm about halfway, and should have been able to get this finished three days ago if I had just buckled down and done it.

Story of my life.


Instead of working on this, I've been digging in the stash. I needed to find a thread for the next bit of Harmony, which is another project I want to get back to, and that took an SOS to a friend to ask if she remembered when and if I had bought it. She let me know I very likely had it and probably in duplicate and told me where to find it. Lo and behold, there it was!

I may need a keeper. BDE has been saying that for awhile.

I also wanted to see if I had any of the supplies for these two projects that came my way via EGA:

On the left is the book of instructions for DayDreams, which is a Group Correspondence Course through EGA. Several times a year, they offer what they call Lightning Rounds, which means you don't need a group to get your hands on the class.  This was in the last round of Lightning Rounds--and Barbara Kershaw, the designer for this project, has two different classes in the current batch. (I may succumb.) I had none of the threads nor the linen called for, but Jane Ellen Balzuweit, from whom I have taken whitework classes through Shining Needle Society, does have them available and I have ordered from her.

Speaking of that, it's been way too long since SNS offered one of her classes. Wonder if I could request that . . . 

On the right is the current Designers Across America project. EGA features a different designer in each issue, and that designer provides a small design you can order. Lucy Barter from SNAD is the current designer, and this pattern is available to EGA members until September 1, 2022. I ordered it practically the second I saw it in the magazine, and it was in my hot little hands a few days later. I have the silk I need, but I don't think I have enough of the gold threads--so it looks like I need to get an order together for my goldwork pusher supplier.

And to complete my needlework experiences over the last couple of days, I was able to listen to a presentation by Dr. Susan Kay-Williams, head of the RSN, offered through the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild. She focused on schoolgirl needlework education, with a little on RSN history and its role in expanding knowledge of embroidery.

Basically, I've been immersed in needlework the last few days, but have very little to show for it. 

Jeez, I'm retired--what do I have to do other than stitch?


No comments:

Post a Comment