I tend to be a rule follower when it comes to my embroidery. I almost always use the threads, or colors, or stitches the designer calls for, simply because I buy the project because I like it.
I made a change on this:
That center block is supposed to be stitched in 100/3.
I tried. I really did. But I could not get stitches that looked even or tension that I was happy with.
I considered that I am still suffering from the heat, although we had storms yesterday that dropped the temp almost 30 degrees in less than an hour--of course, that meant that the rain added more moisture to the air, which has only increased today's humidity level. But I digress.
I finally decided that the 100/3 might be a little too heavy for the count of the linen I was using, added to the interfacing that I was also working through.
Stash to the rescue! I found a silk thread in almost the same shade and used it. Everything is much better, and I'm happier with the results.
But I'm going to wait until tomorrow before I work the nun stitch block that sits within this one. Sometimes I do know when to stop and do something else.