In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, June 17, 2022

Breaking the rules

 I tend to be a rule follower when it comes to my embroidery. I almost always use the threads, or colors, or stitches the designer calls for, simply because I buy the project because I like it.

I made a change on this:

That center block is supposed to be stitched in 100/3.

I tried. I really did. But I could not get stitches that looked even or tension that I was happy with.

I considered that I am still suffering from the heat, although we had storms yesterday that dropped the temp almost 30 degrees in less than an hour--of course, that meant that the rain added more moisture to the air, which has only increased today's humidity level. But I digress.

I finally decided that the 100/3 might be a little too heavy for the count of the linen I was using, added to the interfacing that I was also working through.

Stash to the rescue! I found a silk thread in almost the same shade and used it. Everything is much better, and I'm happier with the results.

But I'm going to wait until tomorrow before I work the nun stitch block that sits within this one. Sometimes I do know when to stop and do something else.


2 comments:

  1. Glad that worked out---stash to the rescue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good. Plus, you are happier with it. Win win in my book.

    ReplyDelete