In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

An Anniversary

 June is one of those months in which we have several things to celebrate, and I just realized I have another one.

One year ago today, June 1 was the day I officially retired!

I spent the morning at a Stitch-In with some of the members of my local EGA chapter, and I worked on the border for Tribute:


I came home and cleaned out another drawer. While doing that, I started thinking about the things I thought about doing when I retired.

I was going to clear out all the stuff in the house that we don't need, AKA Swedish Death Purge, so the kids won't have to deal with it when we're gone--or that we won't have to deal with it if we manage to downsize.

This is a work in progress. Boy-oh-boy, is it a work in progress, and I am nowhere near where I'd thought I'd be by now. This is why I cleaned out a drawer this morning. I need to get really serious.

I was planning to get healthier.

I am exercising on a more regular basis and eating healthier--it helps that I'm not in the office where we always seemed to have food for some occasion or another--and a coworker who drove by Krispy Kreme every morning on his way to work. Still a work in progress, but getting better.

I was going to make a significant dent in the stash and empty out the finishing baskets.

If anything, the size of the stash has increased. So has the number of projects in the finishing baskets. No clue as to how to rectify this as long as my favorite designers continue to design things I want to stitch. I'll just keep stitching!

I have read a stack of books I wanted to read, and my Netflix queue has diminished somewhat, and I have learned how to putter for hours with nothing to show for it--I think this last is the thing I need to work on eliminating!

So, on to Year Two of Life as a Lady of Leisure!

2 comments:

  1. lovely progress. i have nearly two years to go and the lockdowns have shown me that i can procrastinate for a whole week if need be.
    I need a list I think for preparing, although the decluttering is happening as I had to help my parents move last year. this year it is my sister who is decluttering so another burst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been sorting and giving away bags of stitching bits to my friends knowing I could not stitch them all .
    I will now do this every year to get my stock down .
    I wish I was younger but 75 this month , I know I already have enough , but I still keep buying ! what madness , but when you see things you would love to stitch . It gives you a buzz ha.

    ReplyDelete