In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, June 9, 2022

Color Helps

As much as I love whitework, there are times when color helps tremendously, and this is one of those times.


 I really hope I can buckle down and get a good bit of this piece completed by the time the weekend is over. It is a major goal, and I would have been closer to getting it done if I hadn't completely discombobulated myself yesterday. I had packed my stitching bag to go to my EGA chapter's weekly stitch-in--and then I slept until 9:41. The stitch-in starts at 10. So that didn't happen, and my whole day was thrown off because I needed to do all the things I usually do before the stitch-in, plus wait for a phone call from a doctor's office. (Hire some more staff, people!) And once they called me back, I was on hold for various and sundry reasons--that process took another hour to work through.

While I was on hold off and on, I counted the number of pieces I still have to work on before the Tribute class. I think there are 15 stitched pieces, plus four rings to cover with Hedebo stitches and two spiral trellis appliqués. That sounds horrendous--but there are only two pieces with any significant embroidery. The rest are mostly outlined, so mostly Zen stitching.

And right now, I need all the Zen stitching I can get. Being an adult is hard!


1 comment: