We had planned to put up the Christmas tree today. Dearly Beloved did something to himself in getting it out of the closet, so we now have a box in the corner of the living room instead of a tree. He finally gave up and took a muscle relaxer and feels much better, so hopefully tomorrow will see the tree instead of the box.
(As he has strong opinions about decorating for Christmas before the day after Thanksgiving, I have not entirely bought into this whole thing. I will admit, he is moving easier since he took the pill. Or since he said he took the pill. Hmm . . . )
So, instead of putting ornaments on the tree, I finished putting one together.
This came from one of the JCS Christmas Ornament issues, but I do not remember which one nor do I remember the designer. I think it's very sweet, and wish I could give credit where credit is due. I do remember that I stitched it as part of an EGA program on the way I put ornaments together. I stitched several ornaments and had them in different stages of the finishing process for demonstration purposes. I know I had a couple that were almost done, and those have been put together and have been living on the tree, but I have a feeling that I will excavate a few more before it's all done.
Stash diving does result in finding some surprises.