I decided to spend a little time on the Tudor project, even though it's officially Sampler Sunday.
I couched the gold and sequins to finish off the first motif, and I cut out the pieces that will be appliquéd to the velvet in the center. I need to start couching down the gold lizerine that makes the stem and attach the bits as I go, but this is where the bits will be when I do all that.
Those white lines will be removed with a Q-tip and warm water eventually. I have found that it isn't completely successful. If I had it to do over, I don't think I'd use the velvet background. I believe I would use a black delustered satin that I could use a gel pen on.
Live and learn.