In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Twas the Night Before Christmas

And I have a new ornament on the tree!


Well, it isn't on the tree in this picture, it's on my worktable--but this is the first time I've ever finished one of Barbara Jackson's ornaments for Shining Needle and put it together and got it on the tree before Christmas. This counts as a Christmas miracle for this stitcher!

And I got to open the last package from Amy Mitten's Mittens for Advent today:


There are all kinds of goodies--from pins and needles to a horn thread winder to a whole bag of Mother of Pearl buttons to jewel-y things and metallic threads and silks and ribbon and beads. Even better, I have had an inspiration on how to turn all this stuff into a sort of steampunk 17th century project. That will happen after the new year.

Dearly Beloved and I are having a quiet Christmas since we had the family festivities on Saturday. This means that I get to stitch without being rude. I've started adding the metal threads to the Tudor Pincushion from Tricia Nguyen's gold work class. Who knows, I may have a finish for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment