In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, December 27, 2019

Moving along

So,  today I got another step completed in filling in the metal thread part of my little Tudor pincushion.


There is a whole lot of weaving and interweaving to do before I can put this thing together and call it done.

And that brings up a topic of discussion that Baby Girl and I just pondered. Why does everything take so much longer than we think it will or should take? Quite frankly, I thought I'd have this thing knocked out in a couple of days. Here we are at the end of Day Four and I'm still fiddling with it.

Granted, I haven't been stitching 8 hours a day. Granted, I have been working with metal threads, which aren't as cooperative as silk by a long shot. Granted, I'm using that metal thread to work stitches that aren't in my everyday repertoire.

But it's still taking forever!!!

I will admit, I broke it up a little and finished the alphabet on the Salem Flower Basket Needleroll.


I think I may work on the framing around this section tonight for a little while. I believe I need just a little Zen stitching tonight after battling Ceylon stitch today.

Tomorrow I will finish that pin cushion.

I should not remind myself that I have a second pin cushion that also needs metallic embellishments, so I won't.

1 comment:

  1. I think our mind stitches faster than our fingers do! Looks great though

    ReplyDelete