In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Joy, joy, happy, happy

There is a special kind of happiness that occurs when the border meets.

Even when it's a little border.


I know I said I was going to finish the band around the Tudor pin cushion today, but we decided when we got up that today would be a good time to de-ornament the Christmas tree and un-deck the halls.

So we did.  And that meant we had to move the stuff in the living room that had been moved for the tree back to their usual positions. And while we had everything all moved around, it was a good time to vacuum the baseboards and clean behind things that don't usually get cleaned behind because what's usually in front of those places don't get moved very often--mainly because they're heavy.

By the time we did all that, I didn't think I could manage gold threads. I could manage silk, so that's what I did.

And now I'm heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment