In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, December 26, 2019

On the day after Christmas

Santa was very good to me . . .


Beatrix Potter's Hill Top Garden


The Pugin Scissor Case


The Brown Wren Etui

I have to admit, I have been very tempted to frame each and every one up and start stitching. However, I realized that I need to continue with my Zen stitching program as long as I'm working full -time, so they're going into the retirement/holiday stash for a little longer.

We had a quiet Christmas otherwise. I spent an hour on the phone with The Flash, discussing his plans for his future. He plans to be either a Lego city planner who writes comics or an astrophysicist. 

I have no comment about either one.

Meanwhile, I've been puttering. There has been a bit of stitching--I pulled out the Tudor Pin Cushion that I started earlier in the year:


Obviously, I'm not through--there's a wide band in gold thread that runs around the perimeter, and I need to work on that when I have both daylight and a good night's sleep.

So, I'm heading to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Love your new stash ,and the stitching you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely projects Santa brought you! The Tudor Pin Cushion is looking great!

    ReplyDelete