In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Still rocking' the Grinch

Still haven't found that Christmas spirit--although I was relieved to read some of the comments on the last blog--nice to know I'm not the only one this year . . .

I am trying.

There are ornaments and lights on the tree--not nearly all the ornaments that are usually there, but I decided to do that in stages rather than doing it all in one fell swoop.

And I'm working on this year's SNS Christmas ornament from Barbara Jackson.


I just jumped right in--didn't baste, didn't even center, just threaded the needle and started stitching. Reckless, I'm telling you, just reckless. If it weren't for the fact that I decided I wasn't going to try to set any stitching goals for the rest of the year, I'd mention that I'd really like to finish this, stitch the Christmas Strawberry Barbara designed for Haus Tirol, and make the ornament Sherri Jones designed for the recent event in Williamsburg.

But as I'm not setting any stitching goals for the rest of the year, I won't mention that.

4 comments:

  1. You dove right in and got a bunch of stitching done! I think sometimes that's just what you need to do.

    Still looking for my own Christmas spirit - house decorations are up and I've baked a bunch of cookies, but tree's going to have to wait till next weekend. Maybe if I put on some carols...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic new start. Sorry to hear the Christmas Spirit hasn't made an appearance, hope it shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decorated mine in spurts too, not all at once.
    This is going to be a cute ornament.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love and admire your reckless abandon...

    ReplyDelete