In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Random Mutters

Odds and ends of thoughts on a Tuesday:

As much as I love to see snow fall, I don't think I ever want to see as much as the Northeast is getting. I hope all the people I know who live in the path of the storm are safe and warm.


Dearly Beloved didn't even let me get my coat off when I got home from work before he was demonstrating how my new stand works. At this point, I'm not sure if it's mine or if he's adopted it! I haven't had a chance to even try out any frames on it--he's still playing with the options for angle and frame size. I do know it will fit my larger slate frame, mainly because Dearly Beloved gathered up a number of projects on frames to show me how well it works. He has been informed that if he wears it out before I get a chance to use it, he will have to buy me another one.



I finished the first side panel for the Tulip Tray. You will notice the date is 2012. I made a number of efforts to chart a "5" that looked like it belonged with the other numbers, and I was unhappy with them all. Since I actually started this project in 2012, I decided to use the date as charted, and I'll put 2015 (or 2016 or 2017 or whatever year I finish this) somewhere else on the project.

Of course, I had a moment of pure panic when I couldn't remember if I started this is 2012 or 2013--luckily I had blogged about it so I was able to determine that 2012 is correct.

I have a plea for all designers who design projects with places for personalization. Please, please, pretty please provide an alphabet that matches the alphabet you used for parts of the design. And if there are numbers anywhere, please include a chart for the same kind of numbers you used!

And, finally, our first EGA chapter meeting of the year is tomorrow evening. We're going to do the PHD (Project Half Done) challenge again, and you can take up to three projects as your challenge projects for the year.

I can't quite narrow it down to three--I've managed to get it to four:

The Tulip Tray, seen above

Fair Maiden's Workbag--close to having the stitching done for the main project, nowhere near close to getting the finishing accomplished


Eve in the Garden

And, finally, Hannah Thornbush



I have no idea which one to leave off--and I noticed that I have no canvas or other forms of needlework on the list--and I am completely aware that the minute I decide to make a list of projects to work on, something else immediately wanders into view and I'm off in another direction entirely.

And if this is the hardest decision I have to make in 2015, I am the luckiest person in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes......re your comment about providing an alphabet and numbers, I so agree. I have chart by a well known designer in which she has put HER name and the year.......and only about three letters in her name are in mine........! And no, I didn't stitch it the year she designed it, grin!
    Love Hannah Thornbush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my list for 2015 and immediately wandered off to a completely different direction of stitching. Hmmm..... hopefully I'll wander back soon :)

    ReplyDelete