In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

One jam-packed week-end.

This week-end zoomed past.

Friday I headed up the interstate to spend the week-end with Baby Girl. We had Plans with a capital P.

Saturday morning we went to the Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild meeting. Since about half a dozen members are working on the Cabinet of Curiosities class, the program dealt with what we've been doing and learning.  I wish I had not forgotten the camera--two members, Louise and her daughter Robin, had most of the smalls from the class stitched and assembled. They were beautiful.

If you live in the Greensboro/Burlington/Chapel Hill/ Durham/etc area and are interested in samplers, this group has some great programs coming up, along with a workshop next year stitching two North Carolina samplers reproduced by Praiseworthy Stitches. Yes, I'm signed up. So is Baby Girl.

After the meeting, we went shopping. Baby Girl wanted to look at shoes to go with her bridesmaid dress for her BFF's wedding. I need a dress/suit/outfit for the same wedding.

I came home with a new pocketbook. Baby Girl came home with three pairs of jeans. We did not succeed in our original objectives.

We had sushi with two of her friends, then home for TV and stitching.

And this is where Ann Scutt is now:


All the sprigs, twigs, and tendrils are filled in. The band is complete.

And here is her close-up:


On to the next band.

I did not forget my vow to work on some finishing every week-end.  I was up fairly early and putt-putted home before noon so I had time.

And something else has left the finishing basket:


This was a special kit Merry Cox offered a couple of years ago at Christmas in Williamsburg. The kit included the painted box. (I'm neither crazy nor talented enough to attempt to paint! This woman knows her limitations.)  Obviously, the stitching had taken no time at all to accomplish. Actually the finishing took much less time than I had anticipated. It makes me wonder why I put things in the finishing basket instead of just going ahead and finish-finishing them.

Oh, yeah, finish-finishing terrifies me.

And I could really use another day to do all the other stuff that didn't get done this week-end.

4 comments:

  1. Another interesting post. I laughed that you came back with something completely different from your shopping trip! Can you email me on Stedman.margaret@gmail.com as I want to ask you a question but don't want to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are scaring me, Ann!
    That little Merry Cox project is sitting in my "to be finish-finished" drawer right now! With the box. And the stitching is finished. Oh, yeah, because I am scared of the finish-finishing too!

    Will Praiseworthy Stitches allow away members to ghost the reproduction samplers next year? Inquiring minds want to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress Ann on Ann :) Thanks for sharing so much info at the meeting, it is so fascinating. These projects are so much more than the finish, it really is the journey.
    I am sorry that the shopping wasn't successful.

    ReplyDelete