In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

better than nothing . . . maybe?


I could never get the picture I took of the framework on this band of Ann Scutt to load, and this one took almost half an hour.  I'm not sure if there's a problem with our innerwebs connection--it's been wonky ever since our power went out Monday--or if the blog is rebelling against my less than stellar skills as a photographer.  Whatever it is, I wish it would straighten itself out.

Anyway, here are the first two carnations on this band. The lower one looks like a butterfly to me, but it really is part of a carnation.

I decided to do something different on this band. I'm completely finishing each motif as I come to it, instead of getting all the outlines done and then filling them in.  This close to the end, anything that keeps the interest and the momentum going is good.

4 comments:

  1. Your photos always look so dark and the colors don't seem natural. Are you shooting jpg files? Is your white balance set to AWB. Under what light are you photographing?
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures are taken late at night with artificial light and an aged camera--sadly, the only time I have to blog since I'm a wage slave and gone during daylight hours. . .

      Delete
    2. You shouldn't get that result, even in artificial light. What camera? What is your white balance setting?

      Delete
  2. That doe look like a butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete