In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cranky, cranky, cranky

I have a muscle spasm in my back, which means that I can comfortably stand or comfortably lie down, but sitting is possible for only a short period of time and only when necessary.

I have been to the doctor and I am drugged--muscle relaxers and pain relief--which means that it's safer to lie down than do anything else. I did try to stitch while flat on my back. That was not a good option.

However, it meant that I was able to view almost the entire season of Longmire in yesterday's marathon. I do love that show, love the books by Craig Johnson even more. Sadly, there is nothing as good on today, but the spasm does seem to be easing so hopefully tomorrow will be a normal day.

Or as normal as I get.

6 comments:

  1. Sure hope tonight's sleep bring a normal day for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    I suffer from chronic back pain and understand exactly what you're talking about. It's one reason I LOVE my iPad because I can be connected to the outside world while lying down! Unfortunately I can't stitch lying down - so that's a real letdown. Today is a definite LIE DOWN DAY for me as well (ice pack included).
    Hope you feel better soon, and hope you're able to sit and stitch a bit when you have the pain free or low-pain days. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the both of you!! I strained my back recently and am only now back into my usual stitching swing. I tried everything to stitch when I was laid up and you can stitch on something small, in hand, while standing, for a while but not while under the influence of drugs!!!. Might I suggest Christmas ornaments??!! Hope you are feeling better soon! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get better Ann! Back pain can be so frustrating & annoying. Forced rest can be quite nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you are better soon. I love Longmire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I love Longmire too. There is nothing like a gruff voice cowboy!

    ReplyDelete