In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

All in all, a pretty good day

There was progress made on Ann Scutt:


Three of the five smalls for the Elizabethan Casket are assembled:


And the mailman brought something very pretty for me to stitch:


This kit was made available through the Swan Sampler Guild.  As always, I'm looking forward to stitching it.

And, yes, I know I'll have to put it together at some point.

4 comments:

  1. Your finished pieces look wonderful. I think you are too critical of your finishing. Stitchers are too close to their finished products and are too critical. Your finished pieces look wonderful. (I know I'm repeating myself--but repeat after me--).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smalls look wonderful! Hope you are able to enjoy some time stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Needle Nicely. We are always our own worst critics. If you can put together Betsy's Casket Etui, then this pocket of posies needlecase should be a piece of cake!

    I am still waiting for my kit to arrive. Tomorrow, I hope!

    Betsy is coming to our area in February. The classes haven't been announced, but I'm hoping the casket etui will be chosen! If not, I have an extra Toy Box kit of Betsy's that I want to trade for the casket if I can find an interested party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely progress and finishing!!

    ReplyDelete