In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pilot #1

As you may know, I pilot stitch for Gay Ann Rogers.

As you also may know, she usually has a sale of heart designs in February.

And, if you follow her website or her classroom at Shining Needle, you may know that she published some teasers about her new designs recently.

And, I'm allowed to tease further.

Here are the threads for the first heart--the gray one:


Do these colors send you off in another direction from your earlier ideas about this heart? Can you imagine how they will be used?  Do you see a strong contemporary bent, or the richness of the past?  Or neither?

I am busily stitching away and cannot show anything further on this heart until the sale starts--but I will tell you this--I had no idea of the final design until it came my way.

In a couple of days, I'll show you the next array.

2 comments:

  1. I just checked her page, and the heart #4 is gorgeous! Looking at the materials, I would have guessed some form of blackwork, but I'm probably wrong. Can't wait to see it!
    ~ Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,

    That's the heart that I voted for!

    And you get to pilot stitch it!!!

    Have fun! I can just picture you grinning while you are stitching and thinking of us all waiting to see what it looks like. :-)

    Cynthia
    Windy Meadow

    ReplyDelete