In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, May 28, 2023

The Moving Experience, Part Seven

 We are making progress on the storage room. Not as much as I had hoped by this time, but last week was interrupted by spending time in the dentist's chair on Monday, followed by a colonoscopy on Friday after the dreaded day of prep on Thursday.

And the tiniest bit of stitching for the week:

I have a cardinal--my favorite bird--on what will become the needle case for Bird 'n Berry. I need to stitch my initials and the date, but I think I'll wait until I have all the bits done and do all the lettering then.

BDE has mentioned how thrilled she is that we are moving and therefore getting rid of stuff now so she won't have to later. I've also heard horror stories about heirs who had to deal with houses packed to the rafters with stuff and more stuff.

I told BDE that I may leave her with a mess, but at least it will be an organized mess.

4 comments:

  1. Love the cardinal piece! How did you get so lucky to hit the dental chair and colonoscopy in the same week, Ann? Hope both went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love Cardinals such lovely Birds.
    Oh I had to rush to the dentist last week , with a fix on a broken tooth, such fun ! Have a good week hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is so difficult, and it seems something always gets in the way. I had a week like yours- dentist thursday, Dread Colonoscopy the following Monday and doctor on thursday. I hope your test comes back as "clean" as mine did! Really dislike the prep, though. It's been two weeks now and I think I'm still sloshing. - Kathy P in Pittsburgh
    (blogger is having issues with letting me sign in.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no part of The Procedure that is pleasant! I'm still sloshing, too.

      Delete