In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, May 4, 2023

The Moving Experience, Part Four

 What to do, what to do . . . 

This lovely kit arrived yesterday, courtesy of Barbara Jackson and the Shining Needle Society.

Normally, when something from Barbara arrives, I jump right on it--and this is such a lovely project, I'm not sure I can resist.

But I'm still packing.

The stash is mostly packed, two of the three bedrooms now have empty closets, the Christmas closet is packed--basically we have finished the upstairs and are living in the midst of boxes and bins.

This means I have a couple of months to handle the downstairs. Maybe I could fit this in . . . or maybe it should be used as a treat if I meet certain sorting, purging, packing goals. Let's see how strong my will power is. Generally, when it comes to needlework, will power is nonexistent.

********************************

And, in other news, last evening was our May Social for the Carolinas Sampler Guild. It was a lovely evening at one of my favorite local restaurants with time to catch up on what's been going on with dear friends.

I am SO going to miss these women! I am not dropping my membership, and I hope to be able to return to some of the meetings as well as the workshops--but it isn't the same as having the monthly meeting on my calendar. Although, I have been offered a bed when I want to come back . . . 


1 comment:

  1. What a beauty you have received in Bird in a Berry Box, Ann! I would probably use it as a bribe to do 'x, y, and z'. Glad you had an enjoyable social with your guild. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete