In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, May 21, 2023

The Moving Experience, Part Six

 We have been engaged in an archaeological dig in our storage room, so I have been up to my ears in stuff.

Most of my part involves yarn I bought probably 30-plus years ago when I was knitting a lot and teaching knitting at a local yarn shop. It was the era of heavily textured yarns, and sweater patterns that used multiple colors and multiple stitch patterns. I got 20% off my yarn purchases. Apparently I spent all of my teaching fees on more yarn.

Unfortunately, I burned out on knitting, and my hands no longer enjoy it. So I am donating boxes and bins of yarn--there will be someone who wants an 80's vibe. And it is very freeing to get it all out of my life!

Dearly Beloved has found two more hammers, which brings the total to sixteen. I'm still not sure why he needs sixteen hammers, but he is clinging to them with all the passion of a small child with a security blanket. He mentioned that I likely have more pairs of scissors. I am ignoring that statement.

There has been a little bit of stitching in the evenings. I am working on Barbara Jackson's Bird 'n Berry Box set.

I thought I had finished this bit, but when I took the photo, I realized that I haven't stitched the tips of the three big strawberries.

Sigh . . . 

Quite frankly, I will be so very glad to be moved, but I have six more weeks before that happens. I miss stitching, and blogging about stitching, and knowing where all my stuff is (other than in a box somewhere). Granted, I have located treasures I thought I had lost, and a couple I forgot I had--but I'm ready to work on those treasures instead of dreaming about working on them.

Oh, well, the sooner I get all this done, the sooner I can return to my happy little rut.

2 comments:

  1. You always make me have a good laugh Ann .
    I think your hubby is like my hubby , he says I have to much stitching but you look in our garage and there is a paint and tool shop . Car is outside !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your berry piece is looking good, Ann. I'm chuckling over the 16 hammers. He could put one in every room and then double up in some rooms. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete