In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Thursday, May 11, 2023

The Moving Experience, Part Five

 I figured it out.

I figured out how to work on Barbara Jackson's Bird 'n Berry set without taking time away from (yuck) continuing to sort, purge, and pack.

Almost every week we have a Sit & Stitch--aka stitch-in--at one of the local active adult/retirement communities. I am absolutely NOT giving that up until moving three hours away makes me. And I finished the stitching for the pockets for Hold Dear, and was trying to decide what to take--when the answer popped up right in front of my eyes.

Well, Bird 'n Berry, of course.

This is what I accomplished in yesterday's two hours of stitching and solving the problems of the world:


This is another group of women I am going to miss terribly. I have decided, though, that I am going to set aside 10 - 12 every Wednesday to stitch with them, in spirit if not in person.


2 comments:

  1. Love what you are stitching .
    Hope your move has gone well.
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome start on Bird 'n Berry, Ann! Sounds like a good idea about sitting and stitching on Wednesdays from 10 to 12. Perhaps there will be a group you can join when you move. Have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete