In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

The Moving Experience, Part Three

 When you start packing to move, you find things.

Years ago, I put this kit in a safe place. You know the one--the place that's so safe you can't remember where it is. Periodically, I would look for it, and I would find other things, but not this. 

I have now put it in the bin for sooner-rather-than-later projects--the one that will travel in the car with me rather than in the moving van--so I'll know where it is.

I also found several things that I don't remember buying but I'm thrilled to have--some small designs from Betty Chen Louis and a pile of Jane Zimmerman's kits.

And I found several pounds of Paternayan Persian wool in dark burgundy. Obviously I special ordered it for some project--I suspect the background for a needlepoint rug--but I cannot remember the canvas at all.

Who knows, that may be the treasure I unearth tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes I do know that feeling ,so happy you found it , have fun.
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found your safe spot, Ann! I still have items like that and periodically, I come across them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same hiding place! I've got a number of things stashed away there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've found a few more treasures. I need to decide on a consolidated safe place in the new home!

      Delete