In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, October 10, 2022

This and That

 So last night I decided that it's Whitework Delight's turn with my needle, and I finished the center block and got a good start on the third.


I love the pattern on the center block. It looks like the lacy edges on Victorian ladies' unmentionables--just think of all that loveliness hidden under yards of fabric and bustles and high collars.

Today I'm going to finish working on last week's lessons from the online class I'm taking in stumpwork so I'll be ready for  tomorrow's session. Actually, I should have already had a class this morning in goldwork from the same tutor--however, because of the time difference, I would have had to get up shortly after 4 a.m. to be ready for the class at 5 a.m.

I tried. I set the clock. It appears that I turned it off and went back to sleep instead. Luckily, everything is taped so it can be viewed and reviewed later. I may take that route, although I would like to participate in the live classes. We'll see. . . 

I do have to say that the tutor, Sara Rickard, is a phenomenally good teacher. She takes the time to go into detail on everything we're studying and provides the reasons. I've taken workshops in goldwork in the past, but at the most, we had two to four days with a lot packed into them. These two classes will run for three terms--almost a year--of weekly sessions, and I think I'm finally going to have the skill set I want.

And now, for today's rant, which has nothing to do with needlework.

We have been invaded, once again, by the most despicable, abhorrent, nasty, hateful, disgusting poop-machines on God's green earth.

The Canada geese are back.

My morning and afternoon strolls have become a battle with an obstacle course, both due to the geese themselves and what they leave in their wake. I have had them hiss and flap at me, in what appears to be a hostile overture.

But that's OK. I have been known to hiss and flap back.

I didn't plan to become the crazy old lady in the neighborhood, but if it makes the geese move out, I'll be happy to provide that service.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't think I would like those geese hissing at me.
    Take an umbrella with you, that may scare them off.
    Love the white stitching looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, sorry about the geese! They do leave an incredible mess in their wake. Your Whitework piece is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete