In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, October 16, 2022

It's beginning to look a lot like . . .

 Christmas?

I assembled Merry & Bright yesterday.

The lid is weighted so it won't fall off in the most ingenious way--and it was all very easy to put together.

And then, one of my Christmas presents arrived. Getting packages from The Crewel Work Company is always like Christmas anyway. I did have to go ahead and open it, and I'm not sure if I can wait until Christmas to start--but I think that's going to depend on whether or not I have a free slate frame. I may have to finish something in order to do that. Once you have something mounted on a slate frame, you absolutely do not want to remove it.

Anyway, here is Shakespeare's Sweet Bag by Mandy Ewing:



I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle this afternoon. I need to do some work on the online classes I'm taking, and I still have finishing to do, and there are lots of goodies in my corner of the living room to choose from. I may just close my eyes and grab!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like an amazing purchase! Can’t wait to see it in progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to free up a slate frame for this one! And that means another project on the stack . . . sigh . . .

      Delete
  2. Love your finish. Oh, I need some Christmas presents i need to treat myself soon ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, what a delicious project! Perhaps you need another Christmas present - another slate frame! ;)

    ReplyDelete