In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Merrier and Brighter

 Barbara posted another lesson on Merry and Bright, so I got the beading and garland stitched.

BDE wanted to know what the "stuff" under the tree is, since she couldn't quite make it out. The little lady is next to a box of ornaments that seem to be overflowing (which sounds like what happens at our house during the decking of the tree). The little gentleman has the coil of garland at his feet.

I think maybe the next lesson will talk about how to mount the piece to make the lid of the basket. And then it will be ready for Christmas.

Somebody said earlier today that it is 11 weeks or 77 days to Christmas--which got me thinking about Christmas stitching. I am not a big seasonal stitcher, but I do like to do Christmas projects--so I'm thinking about going that route the rest of the year.

Or not. Dearly Beloved is still complaining about the finishing basket. And there are other things still calling my name.

I need to be at least three people.

2 comments:

  1. All looking wonderful on your stitching.
    I have already dug into my Christmas stitching.
    Enjoy your week, hugs June.

    ReplyDelete