In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, October 21, 2022

Finished and Done In

Age and decrepitude did me in this week. I threw my back out--again--so it has not been the most productive time since I couldn't sit or stand comfortably. So I took a pill and went to bed until the muscles unkinked.

Barely was I able to totter again when Dearly Beloved dragged me off to get my flu shot, and I had a relatively mild reaction--about six hours of chills and a low grade fever--but it also interfered with holding a needle in my hand.

However, I was finally able to do a wee bit of finishing and the Tasmanian Needle Tidy is assembled.


Here's the outside with the fob  Betsy Morgan has a signature fob finish, which includes a luxurious tassel. My tassel looks scraggly, and I think it's going to be reworked. Or maybe left off completely. Sometimes tassels get in the way.


Here's the inside. I do love the pocket that says "Odds and Ends." It's just the right size for a pack of needles and a small pair of scissors.

As soon as I decide what to do with that tassel on the fob.


3 comments:

  1. Stunning work! The tassel looks good. Glad you are feeling better. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear poor you, but good that you are feeling better now.
    Your work is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann, this is so pretty. Well done! Hope you are feeling better! Have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete