In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, October 8, 2022

How do I love thee

 I do not think I've ever mentioned how much I adore working with Soie de Paris.

I love this thread, better than any other silk I've ever tried. Actually, after stitching with SdP, even Soie d'Alger seems coarse. SdP simply glides through the linen, and the sheen is incredible.

And what brings this to mind is that I finished the major alphabet band on the Tudor Band Sampler, and it is stitched in SdP, and even though it's an alphabet and I really do not enjoy stitching letters, it was not a pain to do. I'm not going to say it was a delight, because they are still letters, but it was not a pain.

Today, though, I need to work on the two online classes I'm currently taking so I'll be sure to be ready for early Monday morning and again on Tuesday afternoon.

And somehow, there is laundry to do. There are only two people living in this household, and the laundry still seems to breed and multiply.

2 comments:

  1. The alphabet looks fabulous. Laundry is on my list for today along with clearing/cleaning off the guest room bed. Have a wonderful day, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in the alphabet are so pretty...love that combo!

    ReplyDelete