In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, February 7, 2022

Olympic stitching

 Just when I get myself set up on a schedule, I realized that I cannot get much stitching accomplished while the Olympics are going on.

Yesterday, I had a needle in my hand most of the day, but this is all I actually stitched on Hannah Thornbush.

Detached buttonhole on three acorn caps and filling in one color on a couple of motifs--that's all. The rest of the time, I was watching stuff on TV.

Am I a skier or skater, you ask? Nope. I have been on skis one time in my life. When I was in college. Decades ago. That's when I discovered my center of gravity is at the beach.

But for some reason, every four years, I am glued to the screen watching people do incredible things. So stitching reports may be sporadic until this is over.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I am the same , I have to stop and watch .
    My husband keeps saying did you see that ! so in the end I put my work down and enjoy those wonderful sports people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Hannah is looking amazing. Love to watch the skating and the skiing, but my center of gravity prefers sitting with a needle and thread in hand.

    ReplyDelete