In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Finding Time

There were several Olympic events that didn't interest me, so I made some time to stitch.


There are now leaves on the last motif for this panel of Harmony. Now it's time to work all the needle lace slips that will be attached over the base motifs. To do that, I need to make a muslin pad that I can work the slips on--which means I have to find my bolt of muslin, stored somewhere in my stash room, so I'm going to excavate this afternoon.

I also worked on Behold Thy Beauty a little bit--a lot of teeny stitches over one.


I took this class six years ago. It was a year when every workshop I attended had pre-work to do, and this was the last pre-work on the list. And all the over-one . . . my head exploded and I could not do another stitch. But I have a chance to audit the class this summer, and I do want to have this done by then, so I can assemble this and have another project in the finished pile instead of the pile-of-shame.

Not sure if I'll get much done tonight--there are competitions I want to watch. Maybe during commercial breaks. . . 

2 comments: