In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Away . . .

I have been remiss in posting lately. I have been preparing to run away from home.

And I have. I am in Williamsburg with a group of my friends, enjoying the historic area, our stitching, and dining out. There is also shopping involved. But mostly stitching and dining.

I drove to Baby Girl's house on Friday afternoon with every crazed, race car driver wannabe. It was a nerve-wracking trip. Her house was a haven of peace, where she cooked dinner for me. We went to bed relatively early, then got up yesterday morning, loaded several tons of stuff in her car, and headed to W'burg. It was a pleasant drive, the ferry was pulling in as we got to the dock, we ran into one of our good buddies in the parking lot at the hotel, we got checked in and unloaded the several tons of stuff, and went out to dinner with the other early birds.

This morning, Baby Girl and I had the first of a two day class with Catherine Theron. You may have noticed that I enjoy stitching her designs. This is another I'm going to have fun with.

We had time to stitch in class, and this is what I did before brain, eyes, and hands gave out.


I would like to get the rest of the alphabet done tomorrow, along with at least one flower, but we will see how fast my fingers fly. At the moment, they want to hit publish, and I want to hit the bed. I had to get up before my usual retiree's morning time. How did I do 6 a.m. for over 35 years, between kids in school and work?

3 comments:

  1. Well done on your trip , enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time in Williamsburg...I know it's one of your favorite places! Isn't that ferry fun???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to a good start on the class piece from Catherine. Enjoy your time in Williamsburg. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete