In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Upheaval

 There isn't much to show in today's blog:

And the reason for that--I have to work from home again for the next two weeks to avoid the potential for another Covid surge.

This means we had to take the Christmas tree down and this makes me sad. I usually leave it up until New Year's Eve, and this year I needed to have that extra bit of cheer. But, I can't set up my home office in my living room without rearranging some furniture, which means the tree has to leave to have room for that rearrangement.  I now have cords running everywhere again, but can't tell if anything is functional until Dearly Beloved gets home from a quick trip to the grocery store to plug the modem to some of the equipment. (Our modem lives on the top of a tall bookcase, and I can't reach it without climbing on a ladder, and I don't climb on ladders unless there's someone in the house to call 911 if I fall--which is not unlikely since I'm a klutz--so he has to be here anyway.)

Once I know that everything functions for tomorrow, I'll go back to my stitching corner and do a little more on this band.

Meanwhile . . . 

Wretched Excess Day Three


This was the year for the textile symposium at Winterthur.  It went online, and was delightful, but I have to admit, I did miss taking classes and seeing exhibits in person.

I've been taking classes at this event from Joanne Harvey for a number of years, and I decided that I would find one of her kits in Winterthur's online gift shop to stitch. This is not easy to do, not because they don't have a nice selection, but because I've stitched or have in the stash just about all of her repros--she was one of the first people whose reproduction samplers I found and started stitching. But I found two pincushion kits, one gold and the other deep red, that I wanted to add to my collection.

And there is an exhibit, which you can view online, of Erica Wilson's work. I did a lot of her crewel kits in the 70's and watched her program on PBS religiously, so I was really looking forward to the exhibit. That was not to be, but a book has been published about her life and creations, which includes photos of the items on display.

And Dearly Beloved just walked in the door, so I'm going to see if my tech works. 

At least there's an end date to this work-at-home period. Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Your stitching always looks beautiful .
    My Hubby will be working at home on Zoom again soon ,
    And takes over the dinning room with leads every where but not until the week after thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that the WFH thing made you take your tree down early!

    I'm in a group that's in a WFH rotation - one of us in the office each week with the other three working from home. Honestly, I've started to wonder if we'll still be on rotation in April when I retire!

    Lovely stitching! That's a Betsy Morgan piece, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete