In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Past and Christmases Future

 We had a quiet, peaceful Christmas yesterday--and hope you did, too.  We fixed a platter with meats and cheese and fruit and nuts, put together several different types of crackers and bread, and grazed off and on all day. Not the usual Christmas feast, but it worked for the two of us. Dearly Beloved took a nap and I stitched.

The Little Red Rabbit is complete!

He is a happy little bunny, and I believe that I am going to make him into a Christmas ornament. I thought about a pin cushion--but I think he'd be adorable on the tree in future Christmases, so that will be his destiny.

Which brings me to Wretched Excess, Day Two:

I'm not a seasonal stitcher, with the exception of Christmas, and this year the temptations were many.

Alison Cole creates an annual ornament, and this one was a must-have. There is a family joke involving pomegranates, so this has to be stitched to grace a future tree.


And then Inspirations, Issue 108, had temptations galore. I truly want to stitch my way from cover to cover, and for a brief, mad moment, I thought about buying every single kit that they provided for projects in the issue.

Some sanity prevailed, and I chose my two favorites:


I've been patting the boxes and trying to decide which to start first.

Six months to retiring and many, many hours to stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment