In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Almost invisible

 I've been stitching off and on all day and you can hardly see a thing.

See?

I've been working on the Nun stitch for the needlepages for the Strawberry Purse and Accessories.

I can only do this for so long and then I have to move onto something else. The something else is trying to remember how to do a creditable plaited braid stitch.

I stitched a sweet bag a quarter of a century ago that had a mile or two of plaited braid. I remember that I could only stitch it in a quiet room with no distractions. What I can't remember is exactly how I did it--and before you start recommending videos and stitch guides--I've looked at just about everything the innerwebs have to offer and I'm still having problems getting it even.

I believe that it is a matter of practice, practice, practice when what I want to do is finish, finish, finish. I have a project I want to complete but I have to do plaited braid to complete it.

So back to the doodle cloth. Sigh . . . 

2 comments:

  1. All the best with your plaited braid .
    Sometimes best to take time out with another project ,then it just may come back into your thoughts .
    Enjoy a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck figuring out the plaited braid! I finally figured out that when I find (or work out) directions for a complicated stitch, I need to have it on a piece of paper (old fashioned, yes, I am) and I keep all those directions in a single folder beside my DMC color swatch card. Couldn't tell you how many times I've had to work out colonial knots - I'm left handed and that makes a huge difference for that simple stitch.

    Do I remember that you hate the nun's stitch? Ever consider wool pages for your needlebooks? I believe it helps protect pins and needles from rusting...? Ages ago, I bought a 1/4 yard of heavy off-white wool and machine washed and dried it hot to felt it - makes wonderful needlebook pages! Can you tell that I don't particularly care for nuns stitch? ;)

    ReplyDelete