In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Friday, March 9, 2018

Up a Tree

We're back home, back to reality, and back to Mary Otter.

The last funky tree is on its way:


This one will have loads of leaves and buds blooming--just like spring is coming.

And, oh, how I wish it would! While we're not getting slammed like the Northeast, it's been a bit nippy and windy and not at all spring-like, even though flowers are starting to appear and the flowering trees have . . . well . . . flowered. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this year the peaches don't get fooled and bloom too early.

However, this tree can bloom all it wants to--and it's going to start tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun adding the buds and leaves to Mary's tree! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your rainbow catapillar and am so glad that you had time with family and stitching friends in Williamsburg! I miss Williamsburg and am looking forward to being there in May with the Virginia Guild of Needlewomen to do an Antique Sampler Show & Chat and teach Eliza's Pocketbook. Look At Mary Otter! You're almost finished!!! Tree, horse drawn carriage, a few tiny butterflies and TADA! What will you do next? My Jannet Stevenson Scottish Sampler reproduction went to Nashville with Louise Henderson and was very well received. I'm working on a couple of magazine pieces with deadlines and kitting for a Salem Scenes class March 24 as I look forward to time in Old Salem with some of our mutual friends at the MESDA Seminar. I'll design and stitch the Victorian Sewing Shoe and Thread Keep Purse Smalls that will go with Mary Otter if we are invited to teach. Hugs!!! Cissy

    ReplyDelete