In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Sidetracked, then off the rails

Yesterday I decided to do my usual Saturday domestic diva chores, which would then give me another two days for uninterrupted stitching.

I had some time last evening after finishing the last bit of spit-and-polishing I was going to do, and I picked up another of the small strawberry pieces from Barbara Jackson.

And finished the stitching:


This may be the last thing I ever stitch.

Today, I have just about decided to sell my stash, turn in my needles, and take up parasailing instead of needlework.

Everything I have touched has been a disaster.

I was going to work on the casket toy.  Detached buttonhole is one of the those stitches that I can generally do with my eyes closed. Today I couldn't do one with both eyes open, with additional magnification, in broad daylight.

So I decided to thread up my sewing machine and do a wee bit of finishing. The less said about that experience the better. The sewing machine is among the things I was thinking of selling.

I usually have very good luck stitching samplers, so I pulled Frances Burwell out of her pillowcase. I miscounted within the first four stitches. So all that I did had to be ripped out.

I was stomping around, flinging invective (which was safer than flinging other things)--Dearly Beloved suggested that perhaps it would be a good idea to do something else before I made decisions I would rue.

So tonight I am going to leaf through a few of the magazines that have accumulated beside my chair.

None of them will have any needlework in them.

3 comments:

  1. Ann, I do enjoy your sense of humor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a break from Stitching sometime`s. Then stitching becomes a joy to work on again. Keep smiling and enjoy what comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blame it on that domestic diva stuff yesterday morning.

    ReplyDelete