In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Deadly Dull and Boring (me, not the needlework)

Several times I've sat down to write a blog post this week--and nothing has come to mind to write about.

I attribute this to the heat.

It is hot. We're finally getting Real Summer with temps in the 90's and the heat index over 100.  And then there's the humidity. When you dare to go outside, the air feels like warm molasses, thick, soupy, and sticky.

Add to that, I've had one of those weeks when I wake up in the middle of the night and stare at the ceiling for a couple of hours before dozing off again.  This does not promote rational thinking, much less witty writing.

I have done a little stitching. Very little, but at least something has been done around here.


I was rummaging around in the Big Tote of Small Projects, looking for something else entirely, when this popped up. It's called Autumn Splendor, and it's one of Jackie du Plessis' small project kits. It may be wishful thinking, hoping for crisp fall days, but it appealed to me immediately, so that's what I've been stitching on.  It has been lovely and relaxing to work on and small enough to feel a sense of accomplishment.

And it may be all I accomplish until the temps start to drop.

And, yes, we do have AC and fans--but there is a point at which the world just feels stuffy, no matter how low you set the thermostat and how high you set the fans.

4 comments:

  1. Your Autumn pieces look super. I agree whole heartedly with you about the heat and humidity. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate the heat and humidity.....love the A/C and fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops...forgot to say...autumn can't get here soon enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching, the colours are great. I'm not surprised you're having trouble in that kind of heat. I think I would be a zombie if we had temps lime that.

    ReplyDelete