In my part of the world we say you are a fool if your passion for a pursuit overcomes all practical sense. I am a stitching fool, and I stitch foolishness.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Home again

We left Winterthur early yesterday to go to Gettysburg to spend time with The Flash, The Big Kid, and The Big Kid's Wife. The Flash turned eight last week, and we had a birthday present to deliver.

If you look at the top corner of the Pennsylvania Monument on the battlefield, you will see two tiny dots. They are The Flash and The Big Kid.


The batteries on both my camera and my phone died while we were traversing the park and while Dearly Beloved was lecturing on the three-day battle. Meanwhile, The Flash was covering every step of the way at least four times to my one. I would like to have his energy level. Who am I kidding? I'd be happy with a tenth of his energy level!

Then, this morning, we were up early again to drive the rest of the way home, where we have spent the rest of our vacation doing laundry (me) and going to the grocery store (Dearly Beloved). I have decided that I am going to build an extra day into the end of every vacation in 2017 to ease re-entry. We both have to go back to work tomorrow, and I don't think either of us is quite ready.

After talking about needlework and looking at needlework and bringing home more needlework projects, I finally got to ply my needle this evening.


Back to Ann Wheatley again. I'm still working upside down to get the stems and leaves stitched in, then I'll turn everything right side up and finish the flowers.  Soooooooooo close, yet still so far . . .

1 comment:

  1. Still loving the A&E on this sampler ... and the rest of it as well! Hope all counts out correctly... :)

    ReplyDelete